Important Message Please Read

Since I do not require you to sign up for an account to post on the website I do have a few rules:
1. No last names.
2. Make sure your name is on the post.
3. If you are a parent please put your name and your students' name.

4. No negative comments about other students.

I will DELETE posts and will not answer if you don't follow these rules.


Thank You,
Mr. Williams
"Clear Eyes, Full Heart, Can't lose!"

Room 18 Calendar

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Monday's Adventure To Camp

Well it was a beautiful first day up here at camp. The weather is fantastic and the kids are loving it. Once we got up to camp the kids went on an orientation hike and got familiar with the camp grounds. There they had lunch with their hiking groups and got to know each other. From there they found out what cabins they were going to be in and then we had move in time. I wish I could say I have some pictures of that but it is a crazy scene and the kids need help with where they need to go and what they need to do. They spent the rest of the day getting accustom to their new surroundings and new friends. Dinner was a fantastic tonight. I have to say it was the best pizza we have ever had up here at camp. As I am writing this (Monday night) the kids are at their night time activities. Our students are either on the night hike or at Ocean Odyssey. The night hike is always a fun time many of the kids start off pretty scared but end up really enjoying the event. Ocean Odyssey is designed to get the kids ready for Beach Day the following day. They learn about the environment they will be exploring and meeting some of the animals they might see. Below are some pictures of both events that our students took part in on Monday night. I will try and update as much as possible over the next few days so please check back and see the good times going on up here at camp.

These are pictures from some of the kids at Ocean Odyssey.


 Here is the best pictures I could find from the night hike. I mean it was dark and there are no flash lights on the hike.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope everyone is having a great time. Stay warm:)

Leslie said...

Hey mr. Williams it's Leslie from last year. I remember that on Monday I had the night hike. At first it was a little scary. And yes the pizza at camp is like the best. I wish I could go back to outdoor ed and have fun. Seeing the kids reminds me of when I was in outdoor ed. I have a question. Which side did the girls get the bird side or the tree side? The saddest moment is when you're leavind outdoor ed. I remember i cried when we left. Well keep posting pictures and have fun. Hope the kids have a lot of fun too. P.S- U r sooooo lucky u get to go to outdoor ed every year. Also when is roosevelt going to Kennedy for the orientation?